Before registering for domain name, these are some key issues and concerns which need to be taken under consideration. This is a list of policies you must know.
- Purpose – The purpose is to simply have your doubts answered such as “why is it important to have a policy while registering a domain name?”.
- Scope – You need to know the following factors as to whom the policy applies to. The policy may be for marketing agencies, vendors, advertising agencies, and other business jurisdictions.
- Key Terms –You need to know the kind of old and new trademarks introduced while registering domain name. This is because for a company’s strategy, knowing terms or trademarks is necessary.
- Key Registries – While registering for domain name, company must know about the most critical extensions. The company must also know whether it will be participating in few sunrise programs. Participating in such kind of programs allows trademark holders to grab a few desired domain names before registry is available for general public.
- Registration Request Process – It is important to know the right kind of form or process while registering for a domain name. You also need to be careful about the information you provide such as contact details while registering. This will ensure the process goes smooth.
- Resources – Information such as request forms, contact numbers, and FAQ’s must be included while registering a domain name by the organization.
The above are some of the policies you must know before you buy web domain.